30-Day Healthy You Challenge
With 2021 quickly coming to an end, you may be looking back on the goals you set for yourself for this year. Perhaps you wanted to find a new job. Or, maybe you wanted to save some money. How about establishing some new healthy habits?
If establishing some new healthy habits – whether it be for your physical, mental, or emotional well-being – was your goal – know that it’s not too late. You can get started today!
- Day 1 – Carry a water bottle with you. Remember to make getting water a priority for yourself and always keep drinking.
- Day 2 – Limit your screen time.
- Day 3 – Eat more fruits and vegetables. Find the fruits and vegetables that you love and work to incorporate them into every meal.
- Day 4 – Exercise for 30 minutes each day. No matter what exercise you like, just get your body moving for 30 minutes each day. You’ll feel better, and it’ll put you in a better mental state to handle the day.
- Day 5 – Practice meditation. Simply meditating for 5-10 minutes per day can help you feel calmer and more at peace.
- Day 6 – Chew your food longer. When you chew your food longer, you aid your digestion – which is good for your health.
- Day 7 – Learn to cook. Learn to cook a few healthy meals that you love.
- Day 8 – Schedule regular medical checkups. Regular checkups with your doctor, dentist, and other healthcare professionals are crucial for your well-being.
- Day 9 – Eat at home more. Studies have shown that people who eat at home (versus dining out) tend to have a more healthy diet.
- Day 10 – Include healthy fats in your diet. Not all fats are created equal – so seek out healthy fats.
- Day 11 – Limit sugar.
- Day 12 – Limit alcohol.
- Day 13 – Quit smoking.
- Day 14 – Take move breaks throughout your day. If you have a desk job, you probably find yourself sitting a lot. Take breaks throughout your day to move. Get up from your desk and stretch or go for a quick walk.
- Day 15 – Spend time outside. Yes, sunshine is good for you! Get outdoors and enjoy it!
- Day 16 – Meal plan each week. Meal planning can help you improve your diet as it provides you with a plan.
- Day 17 – Let someone grocery shop for you. You can now order your groceries online or let someone do the shopping and deliver them to you. This means there is less of a tendency to pick up junk food or unwanted items as you will only receive what’s on your list.
- Day 18 – Take the stairs.
- Day 19 – Get a good night’s rest.
- Day 20 – Don’t skip meals. It can be tempting to skip meals – especially if losing weight is one of your goals – but don’t do it. It can lead to overeating later on.
- Day 21 – Don’t drink your calories. Sugary coffee drinks and other high-calorie drinks should be avoided, so you don’t drink your calories.
- Day 22 – Find your tribe. Find a group of people who support you.
- Day 23 – Be open to new experiences.
- Day 24 – Relax a little.
- Day 25 – Know your family’s health history.
- Day 26 – Stay home when you’re sick. If you are sick, stay home. You may need some extra rest, and you don’t want to spread illnesses to others at your job.
- Day 27 – Use sunscreen on a daily basis.
- Day 28 – Brush and floss daily.
- Day 29 – Clear the clutter in your home. Did you know that clutter can cause stress? Try to limit the clutter in your life to alleviate stress.
- Day 30 – Let go of negative feelings.
There are so many ways to go about being healthy – physically, mentally, and emotionally. Try this 30-day challenge to help you with all aspects of your health.