The Best Texas Cities for Barbecue
Thinking of taking a trip to Texas? Then you’re in for a culinary treat! Of course, in Texas, barbecue is king – and you’re going to want to taste it all! And while all of the cities in the Lone Star State have their own specialties and recipes, some are definitely better than others when it comes to smoked meats. If you’re looking for the best BBQ in Texas, these are the places you need to visit.
- Austin, Texas: There’s no doubt about it, Austin is a barbecue town. From Southside Market to Franklin Barbecue, the city is full of legendary barbecue joints serving up some of the best smoked meat in the country. So if you’re looking for a smoky vacation destination, look no further than Austin, Texas. The city has plenty of other attractions to offer as well, so you can enjoy a variety of activities while you’re there. So load up on brisket and sausage and head to the Lone Star State for an unforgettable barbecue experience.
- Dallas, Texas: There’s no denying that Texas knows its barbecue. And if you’re looking to experience some of the best BBQ in the country, Dallas will not disappoint. From classic joints like Bob’s Smokehouse and Pecan Lodge to new contenders on the scene like Lockhart Smokehouse and 18th & Vine, Dallas has something for everyone when it comes to smoked meats. So what are you waiting for? Head to Dallas for some smokin’ good BBQ!
- Fort Worth, Texas: If you’re looking for a fantastic barbecue experience, you can put Fort Worth, Texas on your list. The city is home to some of the best barbecue joints in the country, and there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re a fan of beef brisket or ribs, you’ll find plenty of delicious options to choose from. You can check out Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Cue, Angelo’s Barbecue, or Woodshed Smokehouse if you need a few places to get you started!
- San Antonio, Texas: If you’re looking for the best barbecue in San Antonio, Texas, look no further than Blanco BBQ. They offer a wide variety of delicious smoked meats and sides, all cooked low and slow. Whether you’re in the mood for ribs, brisket, or chicken, Blanco has you covered. Plus, their friendly staff will make sure you have a great time while you’re there. And they have some awesome breakfast tacos, too! Alamo BBQ Company is also a great choice! And the kids will love the outdoor playground!
- Houston, Texas: Houston sometimes doesn’t get the respect it deserves when it comes to barbecue, but there are plenty of delicious restaurants to satisfy your cravings here. Whether you’re looking for sauce-covered ribs or brisket smoked until it’s fall-apart tender, Houston’s got it! Tejas Chocolate and BBQ is a totally unique place filled with classics – and you can grab some chocolate for dessert. Lonestar Sausage and BBQ has all the sausage you want – plus some other traditional fare like ribs and chicken!
- Lockhart, Texas: This small town is home to some of the most famous barbecue joints in the state (Riley’s Pit BBQ, Smitty’s Market, and Kreuz Market – just to name a few), and for good reason – the barbeque here is delicious! Whether you’re a fan of ribs, brisket, or sausage, Lockhart has something for everyone. So if you’re in the mood for some truly authentic Texas BBQ, stop by Lockhart and indulge yourself!
- Waco, Texas: Waco may be known as the home of Chip and Joanna Gaines, but it’s also home to some great barbecue. Be sure to check out R & S Barbecue, Jasper’s, and Papa Jack’s if you’re in the area.
If you’re looking to satiate your craving for barbecue, then it’s time to plan a trip to the Lone Star State! Texas is filled with great barbecue cities and restaurants – and these are just a few for you to check out!