Bake Some Sweet Treats from These Cookbooks
Raise your hand if you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth! You’re definitely not alone. While some people prefer salty foods, there are a ton of people who seek out all things sweet. Of course, if you’re a lover of cookies, cakes, pies, and mores – you may enjoy spending some time in the kitchen whipping up some of these delicious goodies!
- Beginner’s Baking Bible: 130+ Recipes and Techniques for New Bakers by Heather Perine
- Here’s a little culinary secret. You can become a fantastic baker even if your cooking experience is limited to cracking a few eggs. All you need is The Beginner’s Baking Bible.
- Baking becomes truly accessible thanks to this cookbook, which features:
- Breakdowns of baking basics―Learn how to utilize critical baking techniques such as mixing, folding, creaming, and kneading. Discover steps that will help you perfect your process.
- Tons of insider tricks―From ingredient substitutions to marshaling batter run amok, most recipes are paired with important tips designed to simplify and troubleshoot life in the kitchen.
- 130+ scrumptious recipes―Enjoy making a wide variety of sweet and savory goodies including decadent spiced hot chocolate cookies, zesty lemon bars, or fresh and flaky summer vegetable tarts. No matter what you bake, these recipes will have family and friends reaching for seconds.
- Blossom into a confident baker with The Beginner’s Baking Bible.
- Taste of Home Ultimate Baking Cookbook: 400+ Recipes, Tips, Secrets and Hints for Baking Success by Taste of Home
- With Taste of Home Ultimate Baking Cookbook, you’ll uncover the secrets today’s home bakers rely on most. Want to bake crescent rolls like Grandma? Follow the how-to photos for the perfect result. Wondering how to make the perfect pie crust? See the step-by-step directions for sweet success. Want to learn how to master sourdough bread? We’ll show you how, from sourdough starter to the perfect rise to the best bake. Entire chapters walk you through the basics of yeast and quick breads, cheesecakes, pies, bagels, brownies, coffee cakes, cobblers, cookies, cakes for every occasion and so many other favorites!
- The Magnolia Bakery Handbook: A Complete Guide for the Home Baker by Bobbie Lloyd
- When it opened its doors in 1996, Magnolia Bakery quickly became a landmark and destination in New York City. Fans lined up around the block to get a taste of the shop’s freshly-baked cupcakes, cakes, banana pudding, cheesecakes and much more. Today, Magnolia Bakery can be found in shops in New York City, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Dubai, Manila, and Bangalore.
- Bobbie Lloyd, Magnolia Bakery’s Chief Baking Officer, has played a critical role in maintaining the company’s reputation for handmade baked goods, and its authenticity and excellence throughout its growth. Bobbie has worked to update its classic treats, introduced new temptations, and carefully expanded the business both online and in new locations across New York and the world.
- The Magnolia Bakery Handbook is the first book Magnolia Bakery has published since the business was sold by the founders in 2007. Gorgeously designed, filled with irresistible creations, it is sure to become an essential staple for home bakers. Along with almost 150 recipes, all beautifully photographed, Bobbie shares hundreds of tips, tricks, techniques, and must-have tools for successful baking.
- Inside you’ll find everything you need to make the classic desserts of Magnolia Bakery at home. Chapter include:
- Invaluable Tips and Techniques for the Home Baker
- The Ingredients Used in My Kitchen and at Magnolia Bakery
- Tools of the Trade
- From the Cookie Jar
- Brownies and Bars
- Pies and Crisps
- Scones and Coffee Cakes
- Ice Box Desserts
- Banana Pudding
- Base Recipes: Buttercreams and Icings, Crumbs and Crusts, Fillings and Sauces, Adornments
- Whether you have a craving for Magnolia Bakery’s popular banana pudding, classic icebox cake, or their rich double fudge brownie, The Magnolia Bakery Handbook shows you how to make it and bake it right.
- Mary Berry’s Baking Bible: Over 250 Classic Recipes by Mary Berry
- Filled with 250 foolproof recipes of every variety, this comprehensive cookbook is packed with delicious baking ideas. Tempting muffins, scones, and breads are included along with Marry Berry’s famous cake recipes, including Victoria Sponge, Very Best Chocolate Cake, and Hazelnut Meringue Cake. Full-color photographs and illustrations that detail trickier steps are accompanied by easy-to-follow instructions and handy tips, making this an ideal resource for kitchen novices and more experienced cooks alike.
There may not be enough days in the year to enjoy all of the delicious sweet treats in these cookbooks! But like any lover of sweets – you’ll just have to pick your favorites and start baking! And soon your entire kitchen will smell just like a professional bakery!
***All book summaries courtesy of Amazon