Podcasts to Help You Relax
Stressful day at work? Need to shut down your brain so you can get some rest? Sure, you can drink a glass of warm milk or a hot shower in hopes of relaxing – or you could try a podcast.
Here are seven podcasts that might just become a regular part of your bedtime routine.
- Slow Radio: An antidote to today’s frenzied world. Step back, let go, immerse yourself: it’s time to go slow. A lo-fi celebration of pure sound.
- Mythos Podcast: This podcast is a storytelling journey through world-folklore. With brief context and analysis in the introductions, the main focus is the retelling of stories themselves. From saucer-eyed spectral dogs to pond-scum haunting child-eating witches – experience the darker side of Britain’s folklore in Series 1. Then journey to central and eastern Europe to the world of Slavic folklore, home of Baba Yaga and lurking nature spirits (Series 2). From there, step into the vast world of Nordic Folklore, where creatures abound in the woodlands, mountains and fjords of beautiful northern climes.
- On Being: Groundbreaking Peabody Award-winning conversation about the big questions of meaning — spiritual inquiry, science, social healing, and the arts. Each week a new discovery about the immensity of our lives. Hosted by Krista Tippett. New conversations every Thursday, with occasional extras.
- Get Sleepy: Relax and fall asleep with Get Sleepy’s unique combination of sleep meditation, followed by a calming story that lets you drift off to a peaceful slumber.
- The Couragemakers Podcast: Couragemakers is a weekly podcast for creative and passionate,mission-driven doers, makers and world-shakers designed to inspire and encourage fellow couragemakers, and spark a movement of women who are choosing themselves. Building the life you want and putting stuff in the world takes a boatload of courage, but you don’t have to do it alone. Every Monday, unconventional couragemakers all over the world share their stories, their advice and their dreams as we have honest conversations about everyday courage, living a wholehearted life and dream chasing. We’ve figured out what we don’t want in life, now we’re figuring out what we do want. And we talk about the things that make us feel on fire as well as the monsters that hide under our beds. Couragemakers is brought to you by Meg Kissack of That Hummingbird Life. Because everything changes when you believe you matter. Let’s shake things up together. Warning: contains courage, vulnerability and a desire to leave the world a brighter place than how we found it.
- Note: This podcast ended in August 2021 but there are 176 podcasts for your listening pleasure.
- Nothing Much Happens: Bedtime Stories to Help You Sleep: Having trouble sleeping? Join Yoga and meditation teacher Kathryn Nicolai for bedtime stories where nothing much happens to help you relax and sleep peacefully. The stories are a soft landing spot for your mind. Rather than letting your brain race through the same thoughts you’ve been chasing all day, we are taking a detour to a calm and comfy place. We tell the story twice and go a bit slower the second time.
- ROOTED (formerly The Calm Collective) with Cassandra Eldridge: The ROOTED Podcast, formally known as The Calm Collective Podcast, was created as a place to share vulnerable experiences within being human by grief and intentional living advocate, Cassandra Eldridge. Here we explore subjects such as loss, the human experience, simplicity, and living a life of mindful intention. Every Wednesday, Cassandra opens up about her own challenges and triumphs within creating her most authentic life through slowing down and trusting her intuition. Remembering that it’s only through vulnerability and connection, we’re reminded that we’re never alone in this journey.
These seven podcasts all offer a unique way to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day. Try putting in your headphones and falling asleep to one of these when you need a good night’s sleep.