7 Beers Perfect for a Hot Summer Day
Summer is officially here, and that means it’s time to break out the cold beers! If you’re looking for something refreshing and delicious to drink this summer, look no further than this list of the 7 best beers for summer. From light lagers to fruity IPAs, we’ve got something for everyone. So put on your shades and flip-flops, and crack open a cold one!
- The Alchemist Heady Topper: The Alchemist Heady Topper is a double-IPA from Vermont. A family-run brewery, The Alchemist began brewing the beer in 2003 to showcase the complexity of the flavors derived from its hop varieties. The Alchemist IPA contains a proprietary blend of six different hops and has an International Bitterness Units (IBU) value over 120, but it doesn’t have an excessive, overpowering bitterness. You’ll smell or taste hints of spices, pine, grapefruit, orange and tropical fruits. Even though you’ll notice a slight note of malt, hops are still the protagonists.
- Jack’s Abby Blood Orange Wheat Radler: Blood Orange Wheat debuted in our Beer Hall and it quickly became a fan favorite. This German-style radler is fruit forward, juicy and bloody refreshing. Lean back and enjoy!
- Abita Purple Haze: Abita Purple Haze is a crisp American-style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added after fermentation. It is brewed with pilsner and wheat malts and Vanguard hops. The berries add a fruity aroma, tartly sweet taste and haze…you may even see fruit pulp in the beer from the raspberries!
- Pacifico Clara Mexican Lager: Cerveza Pacifico Clara Mexican Beer is a pilsner-style lager beer that is hearty and crisp with a touch of grass-citrus and ocean mist flavor. Discovered in the 1970s by surfers along the Baja coast and brought back to the States, this imported beer features a recipe decades in the making. With aromas of malty grain and hop accents, this light lager beer is exceptionally enjoyable at just 18 International Bitterness Units and 4.4% alcohol by volume. Enjoy this pilsner beer at a barbecue, or pair this mildly bitter, 143-calorie* Mexican cerveza with premium seafood like grilled shrimp or Baja tacos. Pacifico beer was made for those with an Independent Spirit.
- Sixpoint the Crisp: While gulping beers from tankards several stories underground in the ancient cellars of a medieval brewery in the Czech Republic, the seed of Sixpoint Crisp Lagers had taken root. Of course the Mad Scientists had no desire to simply recreate that old world flavor, but the experience itself had forever altered the vector of their formulating…When the Mad Scientists emerged from underground, the quest for a new formulation went from obsession to reality. What do you get when you fuse old world craftsmanship with new, clean, and bold flavors from the right raw materials? The Crisp. It’s Mad Science.
- 21st Amendment Seasonal – Hell or High Watermelon: This American wheat beer is brewed with real watermelon, for a flavor that’s surprisingly crisp, dry and refreshing—summer in a can. Hell or High Watermelon Wheat is 21st Amendment’s summer seasonal beer available from April through September in six pack cans and on draft. We start by brewing a classic American wheat beer, which undergoes a traditional secondary fermentation using fresh watermelon. A straw-colored, refreshing beer with a kiss of watermelon aroma and flavor.
- Shiner Seasonal Strawberry Blonde: Shiner, Texas (Pop. 2069) is known for beer. Poteet, Texas (Pop. 3,260) is known for strawberries. The best of both of these worlds have come together in one tasty beer. Brewed with juicy, homegrown strawberries and a mix of pale ale and wheat malts for a crisp finish. Shiner Strawberry Blonde is ripe for the drinking!
On those hot and humid summer days, why not enjoy a refreshing, ice cold beer? Grab one of these recommended brews and sit back and relax!
***All beer descriptions courtesy of Drizly.com