12 Vegan Recipes You Must Try
And, If you’re vegan, or just willing to try some vegan recipes, you can spend an awfully long time scouring the internet to find recipes that meet your needs. But let’s make it a little easier! Here are 12 vegan recipes you can try now!
- Creamy Vegan Pasta: Want a pasta dish that’s covered in a creamy sauce and super comforting? Then try this Creamy Vegan Pasta. White beans, lemon juice, olive oil, vegetable broth, and nutritional yeast all help to create a tangy sauce that sticks to the pasta perfectly.
- Vegan Jambalaya: Jambalaya is a famous dish from Louisiana, often containing chicken, shrimp, or sausage, but this vegan version is a great alternative and uses beans and chickpeas to provide protein. It has lots of spices, and you’ll love the flavor! Plus, it can be on the table in about 40 minutes.
- Vegan Fried Rice: Finding a Chinese restaurant that makes vegan fried rice is practically impossible – which is why you should learn to make it at home. Tofu and veggies help to make this a complete meal – and the sauce is really unique and flavorful.
- Vegan Breakfast Sandwich: Eggs and bacon or sausage seem to be the standard when it comes to breakfast sandwiches, but they don’t need to be. This recipe uses smoked tofu, greens, avocado, and tomato to create a delicious sandwich! Choose your favorite bread to sandwich all of these ingredients between, and you have a fantastic grab-n-go breakfast.
- One-Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff: Move over Beef Stroganoff! This One-Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is so hearty and only requires a few ingredients to make. Be sure to read the “Notes” for a few tips and tricks for this recipe!
- Vegan Gluten-Free Quinoa Paella: Paella is a classic Spanish dish, and this recipe is a great twist on the classic. It uses quinoa and vegetables and develops a lot of flavor as it cooks in the pan. Don’t be afraid to let a little “crust” develop on the bottom of the pan if you like a bit of crunch.
- Chinese Eggplant with Spicy Szechuan Sauce: Raise your hand if you like a little spice! Then here’s a recipe for you! The Szechuan sauce adds just the right amount of heat, and when you coat your eggplant in cornstarch, you’ll help it to stay crispy.
- Vegan Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk: If you’re looking for a quick vegan soup to make, this Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk can be ready in about 30 minutes. And you make it all in one pot – so it means minimal dishes!
- Grilled Asparagus and Shiitake Tacos: Taco Tuesday doesn’t have to involve beef, pork, and chicken. You can have Taco Tuesday with these Grilled Asparagus and Shiitake Tacos. Just be sure the tortillas you pick up are vegan!
- Santa Fe Quinoa Stuffed Peppers: This recipe seems to hit all of the flavor notes – smoky, sweet, and spicy! This is a bright and colorful dish that’s perfect for dinner and makes for great leftovers.
- Vegan Bang Bang Broccoli: Bang Bang Shrimp is on the menu at quite a few restaurants, but this Vegan Bang Bang Broccoli is a fantastic version that you can make at home.
- Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake: And everyone needs dessert! This cake is so chocolatey and rich – you might never suspect it was vegan.
The next time you need a new vegan recipe, give one of these a go!