Sweet Treats to Make at Home
Do you live by the motto, “Life is short, eat dessert first”? If you answered, “Yes,” then you probably have a big sweet tooth – and that’s not a bad thing. Lots of people love sweet treats. And there are a ton of great desserts you can make at home that will satisfy your need for a sweet confection – even if you haven’t had dinner yet.
- Easy Fudge Recipe: Fudge is one of those treats that you probably buy at a local candy store because you never think to make it at home. But this recipe is super simple with just three ingredients: chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk. You don’t even need a candy thermometer! And you can always add walnuts or pecans if you like!
- Blueberry Crumble Bars: If you’re a fan of crumbles, then you need to try these Blueberry Crumble Bars. Chocked full of fresh blueberries and just the right amount of sugar, these bars are so delicious! In fact, you might find yourself sneaking one with your morning coffee.
- Oreo Brownies: Everyone loves a great tasting brownie, and Oreo cookies are a classic. When the two are combined, you have this recipe. Yes, this recipe has you making brownies from scratch, but if you are short on time, you can always use one of your favorite boxed mix brownies.
- Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust: Lemon bars are light and refreshing and the perfect dessert after a heavier meal. The shortbread crust for these bars is just sweet enough, and you’ll love making your own lemon filling. And if lemon isn’t your thing, consider substituting in another citrus juice such as blood orange or lime.
- Kitchen Sink Cookies: The name of this cookie says it all! You can add any or all of your favorite cookie mix-ins to this recipe, depending on the flavors you love. These are a great cookie for kids to help make as it shows them how easily a recipe can be customized depending on what someone likes.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake: Do you follow a gluten-free diet? Or are you looking for a dessert that’s rich and decadent? Then this Flourless Chocolate Cake will hit the mark. The cake is delicious, and it’s covered with a chocolate ganache that just adds to the decadence. And be sure to add the espresso powder – it definitely enhances the chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate Nutella Pudding: Was pudding a childhood favorite of yours? Then there is no reason you shouldn’t be enjoying it as an adult! This Chocolate Nutella Pudding is thick and creamy and has all of the flavor you love from your favorite hazelnut spread. And the addition of hazelnuts toasted in brown butter adds a distinct grown-up element to this pudding.
- Tiramisu: Tiramisu is a layered Italian dessert that has zabaglione mixed with mascarpone and whipped cream, a touch of cocoa, and Italian ladyfingers dipped in liquor-spiked espresso. It’s also extremely easy to make – and perfect for a crowd. You might soon find that you like your homemade version better than any you’ve had at a restaurant.
- Gooey Butter Cake: Gooey Butter Cake is sweet and chewy and has long been a favorite dessert for those living in the St. Louis area. Ths made-from-scratch version is all of those things and more! It’s not a dessert you’re going to throw together quickly, but it’s worth the time.
What’s your favorite sweet treat? Do you love a delicious slice of cake? Or are you a pie-person? Or do you just love anything sweet? No matter what you like, consider giving one of these a try the next time you want to make a homemade dessert.