Things To Do In Eastampton Township, NJ
Located just east of Mount Holly, NJ, Eastampton Township is a quiet place that holds a lot of history. But that doesn’t mean the exciting hustle and bustle of the town is long in the past—in fact, there are plenty of things to do in and around the Eastampton Township area that can turn any mundane afternoon into a memorable one.
Eastampton Township’s Recreation Committee has planned and scheduled events for the community for years—but they’ve recently stepped up their game. They’ve got every season jam-packed with fun activities for any adventurous group or friends, family, or simply a spontaneous solo outing. In the Spring, the town has an Easter Magic Show that is sure to widen eyes and impress young minds. Summertime is complete with a fishing tournament and a Movies in the Park night that brings the community together. Last fall, people of all ages enjoyed a skating party, a seasonally-appropriate hayride and bonfire night, trunk-or-treat for the kids, karate for youth and adults, and of course, Eastampton Day. Got the winter blues? The township also has a day of pictures with Santa and a Holiday Tree Lighting at the Manor House for the whole family.
Eastampton Day is an all-day event complete with food, games, arts and crafts, face painting, moon bounce fun, an obstacle course, and live DJ music! Formerly known as “Fun Day,” the event takes place every fall and draws a crowd from all over town, ready to end the summer with a bang!
Places to Visit
Apart from the many planned activities and events that are held throughout the year, there’s also many places to go for good food, interesting sights, or a day out shopping.
- Spellbound Brewing- Of course they have great beer, but we hear they also give free tours on the fly! Bring a group of friends and enjoy a night of some unique and tasty craft beers sure to liven things up.
- Village Idiot Brewing Company- This brewery is another great stop if you’re looking for good drinks and a good time! Located in Mount Holly, this popular hot-spot is known for its friendly crowd and good service.
- Mill Race Village Shops- The Mill Race Village Shops is a family-friendly destination that offers unique gift ideas and some fun seasonal events as well. January’s “Fire and Ice Festival” and a Halloween-themed “Witch’s Ball” are both big this!
- Burlington County Prison Museum- This historic site gives an interesting look into the past as you’re free to roam the grounds of what was once a fully-functioning prison. Admission is affordable, tours are self-guided, and you can walk at your own pace through the spooky halls of the abandoned penitentiary.
- The Village Quilter- This quaint shop has a huge selection of high quality fabrics, quilts, supplies, and classes to satisfy any quilter or crafter’s needs! Whether you’re looking for a new hobby, just starting out, or are a seasoned pro, this quilt shop has everything you need to create a wonderfully personal masterpiece or gift for friends and family.