Holiday Desserts That Dazzle
What’s the best part of the holidays? Is it the gorgeous decorations? Is it shopping for presents for family and friends? Perhaps you love getting comfortable and watching one of those sappy Hallmark movies? Or, when you think about the holidays, is it all about the FOOD?
If you’re like most people, food plays a special role in your holiday celebrations. You may look forward to favorite dishes that have been in your family for years. Or, perhaps you love the selection of Christmas cookies that your mom makes. Or, maybe the delicious latkes that are a must-have for Hanukkah.
No matter what foods you love during this time of year, desserts are a definite favorite. If you want to start a new tradition and create a dessert that truly looks and tastes spectacular, these are perfect for your holiday table.
- Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: Gingerbread is a classic holiday flavor, and this three-layer gingerbread cake is packed with all of the spices you expect. And the cream cheese frosting is a tasty addition – plus it looks like beautiful snow which is perfect for the season. While you could make your own gingerbread house to decorate the top, a great way to get the kids involved is to let them make the decorations.
- Buche de Noel (Yule Log Cake): Buche de Noel is a beautiful French dessert. It looks like a beautiful yule log and tastes terrific. This recipe has you making a chocolate sponge cake and filling it with whipped cream which helps to make this dessert not so dense. And while some people get nervous when it comes to rolling the cake – don’t be. There’s nothing that can’t be covered with frosting.
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake: Cheesecakes and pies are often on people’s holiday dessert list – so why not combine the two? Pecan Pie Cheesecake does just that – and it’s fabulous! It has all the creamy goodness you love about a New York-style cheesecake and all the buttery-brown sugar goodness of a pecan pie.
- Candy Cane Cupcakes: Cupcakes often get overlooked during the holidays, but they shouldn’t. They’re great for a crowd, and the individual portions make serving easy. Of course, these Candy Cane Cupcakes are packed with peppermint flavor! And when you bake them in some cute cupcake wrappers and top with crushed candy canes, you have a very festive dessert.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Trifle: Trifles sound fancy, but they’re actually very easy to put together and can be made in what seems like an endless amount of varieties. This one uses white chocolate and raspberries as its flavors, and they make for a delicious combination. And the red and white colors are perfect for the holidays.
- Holiday Brown Butter Carrot Cake with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting: You might not think about making a carrot cake for the holidays, but it’s a dessert that everyone loves, and this one has eggnog cream cheese frosting that definitely fits the season. The powdered sugar and simple decorations are beautiful, and your guests will love it.
When it comes to holiday desserts what does your family do? Is it all about the cookies? Or grandma’s pie? Or does your family enjoy trying new things each year? If new is your thing, give one of these desserts a try. They are delicious and dazzling, for sure!