5 Ways to Transform Your Balcony (or Patio)
You have an outdoor balcony or patio that overlooks a great view and gives you some much-needed fresh air, but you find yourself not using it too often. If you’ve let it sit because you don’t know exactly what to do with it, then it’s time to make your outdoor living space a place you want to spend time in. Going outside a little every day will melt stress away, boost your vitamin D, and make you smile. Here are five ways to transform your balcony or patio into your own personal oasis:
- Furniture: If you want to spend time outside, then you’ll need a place to sit. Have a comfortable chair or two with a small table to make your outdoor space more useable. You don’t have to buy high end furniture, but find something that gives you enough support to sit comfortably for at least 30-60 minutes. If you like to prop your feet up, then look for small ottomans, or something designated for feet only.
- Lights: String up lights to make your balcony or patio space feel cozy. You can use little twinkling lights, or you can go for the larger bulbs. Whatever your style, you can find a light that is perfect for you. Along with your lights, have lanterns for some soft mood lighting. There’s nothing else that creates that perfect outdoor atmosphere.
- Cushions and Textures: To make the space more inviting, add plenty of seat cushions and pillows. You’ll want to sink into those fluffy pillows. Create a visually interesting and inviting space by adding a throw rug down that has bright colors or a natural texture. A unique pattern will give the balcony its own sense of style and it’ll become an extension of your home. Try a mix of wood tables, wicker furniture, mosaic tile lanterns, and soft cushions and rugs to bring everything together. As the weather gets cooler, you can bring out some fluffy blankets to keep warm.
- Music: Have something to add ambiance to your new cozy outdoor space. Sit and listen to some peaceful music while you taken in the twilight hours of the day. Have dinner outside accompanied with some of your favorite tunes to make you want to stay a little longer. You can use a portable bluetooth speaker to keep you entertained.
- Greenery: Nothing brightens a place up more than some beautiful plants. Go for some easy to maintain potted plants like succulents, petunias, and pansies. Their bright, cheerful flowers will inspire you to go outside and stay outside.
An added bonus to this list, is a fan or heater. The weather fluctuates all the time, but you can stay comfortable no matter what time of year it is with a little help. An oscillating fan for the summer and a space heater for the winter will wipe out any weather extremes. Let your personality shine, even on your patio. Give it its own unique style so that you want to spend as much time as possible outside.